- World Usability Day 2006 featured events in Hyderabad, Chennai, and Bangalore;
- a Doors of Perception conference will be held in India for the third time during 2007;
- a Design for All Institute is getting started in Delhi;
- more U.S.-based companies are building user experience groups in India (see, for example, "Usability professionals: You've come a long way baby!"), and more Western companies are learning the importance of involving India-based user experience professionals in designing for the multi-dimensional India market (see "Designing for emerging, non-Western markets");
- an active yahoogroup of HCI professionals in India now has almost 1100 members;
If you are in India or plan to be in India early next month, look into swinging by the Leela Palace in Bangalore for Easy7 on Friday, January 5. It promises to be an excellent event.
My humble thanks to Pradeep Henry and CHI-SI for including an interview of me on their website.